Government agencies and other organizations produce scientific information, including satellite data, that can generate value for society. Many of these organizations have a stated goal of realizing this value through improved environmental justice outcomes. However, the linkages between scientific information and environmental justice are often unclear.
Join the VALUABLES Consortium on Monday, November 14, for a webinar in which we will discuss the channels and mechanisms that agencies can use to leverage their knowledge and data to advance environmental justice. We will identify opportunities for agencies to address environmental justice concerns and maximize the impact of their Earth observations on environmental justice issues; for instance, efforts to reduce the inequitable burden of environmental harm. We also will examine how agencies can develop quantifiable metrics to measure progress toward environmental justice goals.
- Hannah Druckenmiller, Resources for the Future
- Kelly Maguire, US Department of Agriculture
- Ufuoma Ovienmhada, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Yusuke Kuwayama, RFF and University of Maryland, Baltimore County (Moderator)
- Bethany Mabee, Resources for the Future (Moderator)
To attend this webinar, please RSVP and follow the instructions in the Zoom confirmation email.