Applied Sciences is seeking program managers for Earth science applications. We’re seeking program managers for the Water Resources area and the Climate & Resilience area and possibly for additional areas.
The announcement is at https://www.usajobs.gov/job/714177700.
The announcement number is: HQ-23-DE-11848338-MG
The job announcement opened on Friday, March 24, and closes on Tuesday, March 28, 2023.
Title: Physical Scientist, AST - Science Technology Utilization and Commercialization
Note: This article serves only as an advance notice. The USAJOBS announcement will serve as the official notice.
The positions will lead the strategy, implementation, and oversight of efforts to advance uses of Earth science information to inform decision making by public and private sector organizations. The positions will represent NASA in interagency and international committees. The positions will serve as a Program Applications Lead for select Earth satellite missions, enabling applications community input in mission planning and development.
Major Duties Involve
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategy for the program area, including user community engagement, investment opportunities, priority-setting, partnerships, solicitations, project portfolio design, and communication of results.
- Lead the strategic direction, planning, and overall leadership of an Earth science applications program area, advancing uses of Earth science information to improve decision making by public and private sector organizations.
- Provide overall program management, including managing a budget of $4-12 million, overseeing project selection and tracking, and ensuring schedule and performance.
- Lead initiatives with private sector organizations, nonprofits, agencies, and philanthropies on partnerships, activities, and applications for broad impacts.
- Oversee involvement of applications communities in planning and development of select satellite missions, enabling applications perspectives in mission lifecycle and coordinating with program executives, program scientists, and mission teams.
- Represent the Earth Science Division, NASA, and United States in selected interagency and international committees.
- Lead efforts to advance inclusion, equity, and diversity in all roles and activities and with scientific and user communities engaged.
- Engage with all parts of the Earth Science Division to support coordination in decisions and planning, including leading efforts to bring feedback and perspectives from user communities into the Division.
This will be a Direct Hire Authority announcement through https://www.USAJOBS.gov/ , so it will only be open for 3 workdays. The short period that the announcement is open is due to the type of hiring authority, which streamlines the hiring process and assists with rapidly filling competitive positions. It is not a reflection of the openness of the position. This competitive announcement will be open to all U.S. Citizens and Status candidates .
Advance notice of the vacancy is being provided to allow interested candidates to prepare. In order to apply for this position, you will only need to (i) submit your resume and (ii) answer the screening questions and provide any supplemental information through USAJOBS.
Given the short period, the announcement will be open, interested candidates may wish to log into USAJOBS before the job announcement opens to update your username, password, resume, etc., to facilitate the timely submission of an application.
Candidates interested in being notified when this job opportunity is posted on USAJOBS and opened for three days are encouraged to sign up for notifications using the features of the website.
One or more positions may be filled.